2600€ per year
Do you wonder who watches reality shows and why? Where do leaders come from? What can matrimonial ads tell us about changes in social customs and morality? What is gender? Why is the Slow Life Movement growing in popularity? Choose a 3-year Bachelor’s programme in Sociology and understand the importance of civil society and social activity, learn how to diagnose problems as well as design and implement strategies to solve them. We will also teach you how to recognise the target group of a product or a commercial, how to ask questions to obtain valuable answers, diagnose and anticipate trends and how to solve social and marketing problems. With your comprehensive knowledge, you can easily adjust to meet employers’ expectations. As a graduate in sociology you will feel equally comfortable in a small-sized company and a giant corporation. You will be able to run your own business as well.
During the studies you will gain knowledge in:
- social communication theories and new media mechanisms;
- social structures and ways of forming social institutions;
- psychology and its use in practice;
- familiarity with theories of forming interpersonal relationships.
You will gain practical skills in:
- designing and implementing social and marketing research projects with the use of various data collection techniques;
- data analysis and interpretation;
- defining priorities and organisation of work;
- writing reports and presenting findings;
- solving problems and social conflicts;
- public speaking skills.
- think-tanks, research centres, analytical and expert institutions;
- marketing companies;
- PR agencies;
- media houses;
- marketing, promotion and PR departments in enterprises and state-owned institutions;
- public opinion and market research centres;
- HR departments, HR consulting agencies, employment agencies, executive search companies;
- public sector and public administration bodies;
- national and local government;
- social services;
- non-governmental organisations;
- political campaign staff.